Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Zagreb Fashion Week: Vjera Vilicnik & Ivy's Hair & Nail Studio

Last week was hectic. I've been struggling to catch up with sleep all week but it was so great, I keep smiling every time I think about last weekend...

My crazy adventure started on Wednesday before lunch, when Zagreb airport went on strike and British Airways decided to cancel my flight the following Friday.  
I was supposed to fly to Zagreb for the fashion week to be with my dear Vjera Vilicnik, who was presenting her new collection on Saturday.  We had spent weeks planning everything, going through details, looking for sponsors for the event at Ivy's... This couldn't be happening... I had to be there, I couldn't miss it! (And half of the collection for the catwalk was in my suitcase!)
So I ended up flying a day earlier, first to Dubrovnik and then flying to Split, where our hero Ivan picked me up a drove me back to Zagreb.  All in all, 14 hours door to door... Totally worth it though!

On Friday we woke up early and, after running some errands, we went over to Ivy's to start preparing everything for the evening event. After the amazing team there did our hair and nails, we were ready to greet the guests.

Lots of family and friends came around, as well as fashion bloggers Dino from Style Brick Road and Ana from Little Fashion Paradise.  It was a great evening, thank you to all who could make it!
For those who couldn't, you can get an idea of what went on here:


No comments: